How big is sinusitis in America? Sinusitis is a common problem for many Americans. The condition is caused by infections, allergies, and nasal deformations. People suffer from headaches, facial pain, congestion, and many other symptoms. These symptoms have a substantial impact on your quality of life. Some sinusitis statistics put the condition into perspective. If you are dealing with these symptoms, find out why you should seek relief soon.
5 Sinusitis Statistics
- More Than 30 Million Americans – This is the number of people who suffer from sinusitis in America. As you can see, that is no small number. Many people are dealing with this disorder, leaving them sick and unable to concentrate on their daily task.
- More Than $1 Billion Dollars – This is how much money Americans spend each year on over-the-counter medications. These medications are meant to relieve your sinusitis symptoms, however, antibiotics can be ineffective if your condition has progressed too far. This means that medications are only a temporary fix and you need a surgical option.
- 16 Million Doctor Visits – Many doctors see patients suffering from sinusitis, and it is easy to see why. Over 30 million Americans are diagnosed with the disorder. For doctors, this condition is a major health problem.
- $11 Billion Dollars – Treatment for sinusitis has proven costly for American. This number proves that major surgery can be expensive if you do not seek relief early. If you wait too long, then your symptoms can return, even if you underwent surgical treatment.
- 380,000 people – This number represents how many people have been safely treated with balloon sinuplasty. This procedure is new, which means a lot of people do not know about benefits. Balloon sinuplasty is safer than other sinusitis procedures, and it works. Patients have found that their symptoms do not return long after the surgery has taken place. The best part is that it can be done in-office and has a low out-of-pocket costs.