A lot of people are looking for chronic sinusitis relief. Having been found in 12.3% of adults, this is a very common condition. But no matter how common it is, those suffering from chronic sinusitis are greatly affected by the limitations put on them.
Depending on the severity of their sinusitis, certain activities could either lead to added pain, or more serious side-effects such as asthma and bronchitis. Knowing what should and shouldn’t be done in order to prevent aggravating your sinusitis is important. Therefore, here are some Dos and Don’ts for anyone with chronic sinusitis to follow.
Dos for Chronic Sinusitis Relief
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking as much water as possible is always a smart move. And proven to be able to break up stuffed nasal passages, hot liquids are also suggested.
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene: The possibility of a sinus infection developing from dental cavities is preventable by brushing your teeth twice a day and a daily floss.
- Consult with Your Doctor and Insurance Company About Balloon Sinuplasty: If chronic sinusitis is a problem you want to get rid of permanently, this must be considered. Balloon sinuplasty is a non-invasive procedure that has proven to work for people living with sinusitis.
Don’ts for Chronic Sinusitis Relief
- Drink Alcohol: Wine, liquor, and beer all dehydrate the body. Swelling of the sinuses and lining of the nose are also possible when drinking alcohol.
- Fly: The pressure changes inside the middle ear can cause complications. They may sometimes lead to vertigo or hearing loss.If you have to fly, try yawning or swallowing at takeoff.
- Swim: Passageways of the nose have been proven to become irritated by chlorine. Any virus or fungi that may be in pool water can enter the nasal passages as well. As a precaution, plugs should always be worn when swimming.
Following these guidelines will help with chronic sinusitis relief in both the long and short term.